No. of pages: 38
Publication date: 2016
Author: UN Women, UNFPA, WHO, UNDP & UNODC
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is encouraged by the progress being made on a global programme that seeks to improve the quality of, and access to, essential services that respond to the needs of women and girls subjected to violence.
The Programme identifies the essential services to be provided by the health, social services, police and justice sectors (the “Essential Services”) as well as guidelines for the coordination of Essential Services and the governance of coordination processes and mechanisms (the “Coordination Guidelines”).
Service delivery guidelines for the core elements of each essential service have been identified to ensure the delivery of high quality services, particularly for low and middle income countries for women and girls experiencing violence. Taken together, these elements comprise the “Essential Services Package”.
- Module 1: Overview and Introduction
- Module 2: Health Essential Services
- Module 3: Justice and Policing Essential Services
- Module 4: Essential Social Services
- Module 5: Essential Actions for Coordination and Governance of Coordination